Design Lead (Web/Mobile)
We are on the lookout for a Design Lead to join our vibrant, dynamic and collaborative team in based in our amazing offices in Farringdon, London.
Stratajet is the world’s first real-time private jet booking platform, changing the way people travel. With Stratajet, it’s easy to search, compare and book a private jet straight from your computer or smartphone.
Stratajet is a likeminded meeting of individuals - all of whom believe in making private aviation faster, simpler, and more accessible to more people. Founded in 2011, Stratajet has since grown to a company of 50+ employees with offices in London, California and Singapore.
As our Design Lead you will evolve the product experience across all touch points, possessing a love and curiosity for design and user experience. Responsible for a variety of design-related challenges, you will work closely with existing team members to incorporate usability testing, user research and ideation into a rapid design-heavy prototyping process that reduces costly development cycles and ultimately speeds time-to-market of impactful features. A passionate advocate for user-centered design, key to your role is your ability to promote and position the user at the heart of our decision making. Your responsibilities;
- Lead evolution of design standards and assets through all aspects of the company
- Lead design ideation to improve shortcomings identified through usability testing, user research and customer feedback
- Work with existing team to identify improvements to UX patterns and existing functionality; communicate proposed ideas to broader team for input via user journeys, wireframes, storyboard designs, mock-ups and visual design
- Take business requirements for proposed functional changes and distill into wireframes and storyboards that will function as design specifications
- Identify the most appropriate tools and processes to refine existing products
- Ensure appropriate level of consistency and continuity across all products
- Train and develop other members of the team
- Understanding of complex design issues with the ability to produce effective, clear
- User advocacy, ability to persuade stakeholders and teams on a vision for design
- Ability to lead meetings, workshops and take action on their findings
- Experience with graphic design processes and thinking
- An interest in the theory an history of graphic design
- Logical and pragmatic mindset, with a strong ability around concepts and designs
- Demonstrated experience with responsive web design
- 8-10 years’ industry experience in web/mobile design roles
- 3+years’ experience in a similar role at a leading design-focused company
- Graphic design skills including typography, grid systems etc.
- Experience working with and structuring complex multi-layered photoshop files
- Comfortable navigating HTML/CSS/JS and pairing with developers
- Experience operating within a fast-paced agile environment
Life at Stratajet
- Pioneering: Be part of a movement to fundamentally change an industry, opening it up to more people than ever before
- Ownership: Enjoy the independence and responsibility required to allow you to deliver quickly and effectively
- Passion and talent: Work with a nimble, passionate and dynamic team capable of lightning quick maneuvering and execution
- Rewarding: We are a tech start-up, we're unique in the industry and we reward with equally exceptional benefits